- Market Matchmaker – Identify and connect key stakeholders through short-term engagement.
- Convener/Relationship builder – Build the necessary relationships across the food value chain by engaging key stakeholders, maintaining communication channels and fostering a trusting environment.
- Resource prospector – Identify and pursue resources, such as grants, loans, and services to support value-chain collaborators as they develop their enterprise.
- Policy thought leadership – Raise policy issues and partner with others to
address policies and procurement requirements.
- Technical assistance provider – Work with food chain members to build capacity through education and training programs in such areas as sustainable production practices, food safety, marketing/branding, etc.
- Catalyst/Innovator – Utilize grants and other external resources to test new business models and thus lower the financial risk of the business engaged in the value chain.